NMHS has an active publishing program, including the production of Sea History magazine available to all our members four times a year, and the publication of a variety of titles that explore our rich seafaring heritage.
Sea History Press titles include: “Our flag was still there”: The Sea History Press Guide to the War of 1812, its History and Bicentennial Celebrations; The Skipper & the Eagle by Captain Gordon McGowan, USCG (Ret.), with an introduction by Adm. Robert J. Papp Jr., Commandant, USCG; and Peter and Norma Stanford’s account of the founding of South Street Seaport Museum, A Dream of Tall Ships.
SEA HISTORY FEATURES
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 165: Into the Lifeboats: Abandoning the Packet Ship John Rutledge by Brian Murphy 150 people were aboard the packet ship John...
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 164: The National Maritime Historical Society Annual Awards Dinner, 2018 by Julia Church NMHS will recognize the contributions of three exceptional...
Looking for a particular topic?
JOIN & SUBSCRIBE
Receive Sea History, plus more...
Here’s what you receive if you join NMHS today:
- Our quarterly journal, Sea History
- 10% discount on NMHS merchandise
- An NMHS membership card and decal
- Opportunities to participate in NMHS’s unique programs and cruises
- Invitations to symposiums, conferences, and the NMHS Annual Meeting, all held at maritime venues around the country and offering unique volunteer
- Invitations to special events and fundraisers, such as NMHS Awards Dinners
Membership in the National Maritime Historical Society includes one year of Sea History magazine. To join, you may call NMHS at 914-737-7878, ext. 0 or join online.