NMHS has an active publishing program, including the production of Sea History magazine available to all our members four times a year, and the publication of a variety of titles that explore our rich seafaring heritage.
Sea History Press titles include: “Our flag was still there”: The Sea History Press Guide to the War of 1812, its History and Bicentennial Celebrations; The Skipper & the Eagle by Captain Gordon McGowan, USCG (Ret.), with an introduction by Adm. Robert J. Papp Jr., Commandant, USCG; and Peter and Norma Stanford’s account of the founding of South Street Seaport Museum, A Dream of Tall Ships.
SEA HISTORY FEATURES
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 172: NMHS Annual Awards Dinner—A VIRTUAL CELEBRATION ! We’re taking a look back at over five decades of excellence in the maritime heritage…
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 171: Fiddler’s Green “Wrap me up in me oilskins and jumper. No more on the docks I’ ll be seen. Just tell…
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 170: National Maritime Awards Dinner and Washington Invitational Marine Art Exhibition The National Coast Guard Museum Association joins NMHS for the 2020…
Looking for a particular topic?
JOIN & SUBSCRIBE
Receive Sea History, plus more...
Here’s what you receive if you join NMHS today:
- Our quarterly journal, Sea History
- 10% discount on NMHS merchandise
- An NMHS membership card and decal
- Opportunities to participate in NMHS’s unique programs and cruises
- Invitations to symposiums, conferences, and the NMHS Annual Meeting, all held at maritime venues around the country and offering unique volunteer
- Invitations to special events and fundraisers, such as NMHS Awards Dinners
Membership in the National Maritime Historical Society includes one year of Sea History magazine. To join, you may call NMHS at 914-737-7878, ext. 0 or join online.