NMHS has an active publishing program, including the production of Sea History magazine available to all our members four times a year, and the publication of a variety of titles that explore our rich seafaring heritage.
Sea History Press titles include: “Our flag was still there”: The Sea History Press Guide to the War of 1812, its History and Bicentennial Celebrations; The Skipper & the Eagle by Captain Gordon McGowan, USCG (Ret.), with an introduction by Adm. Robert J. Papp Jr., Commandant, USCG; and Peter and Norma Stanford’s account of the founding of South Street Seaport Museum, A Dream of Tall Ships.
SEA HISTORY FEATURES
NHHC, USN Never Too Late—A Case of Mistaken Identity and the Purple Heart Project by Chuck Meyer Read this featured article PETER RINDLISBACHER The Amphibious Raids on York and…
NMHS 2023 Annual Awards Dinner by Julia Church THE MARINERS’ MUSEUM AND PARK It’s the Real McCoy! The Capture of Prohibition’s Most Notorious Rumrunnerby CAPT Daniel A. Laliberte, USCG (Ret.) …
Here’s what’s in the pages of Sea History 183: Fiddler’s Green by Burchenal Green John Stobart (1929-2023) NMHS bids farewell to acclaimed marine artist and long-time supporter John Stobart…
Looking for a particular topic?
JOIN & SUBSCRIBE
Receive Sea History, plus more...
Here’s what you receive if you join NMHS today:
- Our quarterly journal, Sea History
- 10% discount on NMHS merchandise
- An NMHS membership card and decal
- Opportunities to participate in NMHS’s unique programs and cruises
- Invitations to symposiums, conferences, and the NMHS Annual Meeting, all held at maritime venues around the country and offering unique volunteer
- Invitations to special events and fundraisers, such as NMHS Awards Dinners
Membership in the National Maritime Historical Society includes one year of Sea History magazine. To join, you may call NMHS at 914-737-7878, ext. 0 or join online.